Jump to Navigation
Call Today (860) 967-3207Contact me for a free consultation, no matter what your legal concern.
Solutions in Family Law, Real Estate and Criminal Defense

Domestic Violence

Accused of Domestic Assault in Northern Connecticut?

When a partner claims domestic violence, police give that person the benefit of the doubt to protect them and the children. Judges also are quick to issue temporary restraining orders until the matter gets sorted out. A minor altercation can result in being kicked out of your house, spending the night in jail and suddenly losing access to your kids.

The problem with domestic violence allegations is that they often arise in the midst of divorce and child custody proceedings. Whether the abuse was made up or exaggerated, a restraining order is a useful tool to gain an upper hand in court.

If you have been accused of family violence, contact the Law Offices of Doris B. D'Ambrosio . As a lawyer with 25 years of experience in both family law and criminal law, I can help avoid jail time and prevent allegations from costing you custody or visitation rights . I defend men (or women) against domestic violence accusations in Hartford County and surrounding jurisdictions of Northern Connecticut.

How I Can Help

  • You will be brought to jail and allowed to post bond, with orders not to contact the alleged victim if that person has obtained a temporary restraining order (TRO).
  • I will accompany you to a Family Relations meeting usually the next day and explain your rights and what will happen. Family Relations will investigate, and I will represent you as you tell your side of the story.
  • If there is no finding of serious domestic violence (physical harm), your case will not go to court. Family Relations may recommend anger management or the Explorer program to learn how to deal with each other. When the TRO expires, you can return home.
  • If domestic assault and battery is alleged, you will face (a) criminal charges and (b) a family court hearing on a permanent restraining order (which lasts six months).

I provide experienced representation for both Family Relations hearings and any criminal proceedings. I work to shield you from jail or negative impact on your divorce or custody case. Contact my West Hartford office at 860-232-5515 . I offer a free initial consultation and respond promptly to phone calls.